About this course
Artificial Intelligence (AI) will define the next generation of software solutions and unlocks the potential to create amazing applications that improve life for everyone. This course introduces fundamentals concepts related to artificial intelligence (AI), and the services in Microsoft Azure that can be used to create AI solutions. The course is not designed to teach students to become professional data scientists or software developers, but rather to build awareness of common AI workloads and the ability to identify Azure services to support them.
The Azure AI Fundamentals course is designed for anyone interested in learning about the types of solution artificial intelligence (AI) makes possible, and the services on Microsoft Azure that you can use to create them. You don’t need to have any experience of using Microsoft Azure before taking this course, but a basic level of familiarity with computer technology and the Internet is assumed. Some of the concepts covered in the course require a basic understanding of mathematics, such as the ability to interpret charts. The course includes hands-on activities that involve working with data and running code, so a knowledge of fundamental programming principles will be helpful.
After completing the course, students will be able to:
- Describe Artificial Intelligence workloads and considerations
- Describe fundamental principles of machine learning on Azure
- Describe features of computer vision workloads on Azure
- Describe features of Natural Language Processing (NLP) workloads on Azure
- Describe features of conversational AI workloads on Azure
This course is directly mapped to and supports learning for the AI-900: Microsoft Azure AI Fundamentals certification exam (Microsoft Certified: Azure AI Fundamentals). To pass the certification test, studying outside the course may be required to ensure all the concepts are fully understood.
Prerequisite certification is not required before taking this course. Successful Azure AI Fundamental students start with some basic awareness of computing and internet concepts, and an interest in using Azure AI services.
- Experience using computers and the internet
- Interest in use cases for AI applications and machine learning models
- A willingness to learn through hands-on exploration