About this course
This one-day course is designed for learners trying to learn the fundamentals of data platform concepts in a cloud environment. It is intended for those with minimal technical background, who are looking to get basic skilling in cloud data services and are looking to build their foundational knowledge of cloud data services within Microsoft Azure.
Learners will be able to identify and describe core data concepts such as relational, non-relational, big data & analytics,
and how this technology is implemented, through cloud data-solutions with Microsoft Azure.
This course can be taken as an optional first step in in learning about cloud data services with Microsoft Azure, before
taking further Microsoft Azure or data related role-based certifications.
Course students be able to:
- Identify and describe core data concepts such as relational, non-relational, big data, and analytics, and explore how this technology is implemented with Microsoft Azure.
- Explore the roles, tasks, and responsibilities in the world of data.
- Explore relational data offerings, provisioning and deploying relational databases, and querying relational data through cloud data solutions with Microsoft Azure.
- Explore non-relational data offerings, provisioning and deploying non-relational databases, and non-relational data stores with Microsoft Azure.
- Explore the processing options available for building data analytics solutions in Azure
- Explore Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Databricks, and Azure HDInsight.
- Learn what Power BI is, including its building blocks and how they work together.
The Azure Data Fundamentals course is designed for anyone interested in foundational-level knowledge of cloud data,
and how cloud data services are provided with Microsoft Azure.
- Describe core data concepts in Azure.
- Explain concepts of relational data in Azure.
- Explain concepts of non-relational data in Azure.
- Identify components of a modern data warehouse in Azure.
This course is directly mapped to and supports learning for the DP-900 Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals certification
exam (Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Fundamentals). To pass the certification test, studying outside the course may be required to ensure all the concepts are fully understood.
Students don’t need to have any experience with Microsoft Azure before taking this course; however, a basic level of
familiarity with computer technology, cloud computing, and the Internet is assumed. The course includes hands-on
activities that involve working with data and running queries, so knowledge of fundamental programming principles will